It’s a new year, and you know what that means: New Year’s Resolutions! Whether your resolution was to lose weight or simply be more healthy, a major factor in making that resolution a reality is drinking more water. If you’ve always struggled to get in those ounces each day, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Start early. Keep a big glass of water on your bedside table and drink it as soon as your alarm goes off. Because it will be room temperature, you’ll be able to drink it without brain freeze and it will begin it’s hydrating magic immediately.
- Make water a reward. If water is your excuse to step away from your desk or grab a moment of silence from the kids, then you’ll look forward to it. Set an hourly reminder and, for five sweet minutes, focus on nothing but heavenly silence and hydration.
- Make water part of your commute. Make sure you have one safe, BPA-free bottle of water for every leg of your commute and make it your mission to finish drinking it before you arrive at your destination.
- If flavor is your thing, avoid artificial powders and flavor your water with fruit, instead. Keep things interesting by changing up your flavors. When lemon and limes become stale, try strawberry and basil, blueberry and rosemary, or mint and ginger.
- Use water to dilute other beverages. You’ll still enjoy the flavor and the fiber of that orange juice, but you’ll take in way more water and far less sugar than you would otherwise.
If your water doesn’t taste good despite all of your efforts to make it palatable, solve your problem with a SpringWell Whole-House Water Filtration System. Our environmentally responsible system will ensure that clean, great-tasting water comes from every tap in your house, increasing your chances of getting the water you need to be your healthiest.