[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]You may be so used to using chlorinated water that you don’t ever think about it. You trust that your water source is clean and leave it at that. You may want to give chlorine some thought though, because the everyday use of this cleaning agent is definitely affecting your home and your health. Here’s how:
- You may think that long, hot shower is hydrating, but the reality is that the chlorine dries out your skin and hair, making them itchy and brittle, respectively.
- Each time you shower or drink unfiltered water, you could be absorbing trihalomethanes (THMs) that have been linked to certain cancers.
- Exposure to chlorine through drinking, swimming, and showering may increase your risk of developing asthma.
- Even if you’re not adding bleach, the chlorine in your water supply will gradually fade your laundry. No matter what color-preserving detergents you use, those brilliant reds are eventually going to be pink.
- Because of it’s drying effect, chlorine reduces the lifespan of the appliances that use water. How? It causes rubber gaskets to wear down and crack, causing leaks to occur.
- Chlorine alters the smell and taste of food and drinks that are prepared with water. Don’t believe us? Make a cup of coffee with tap water then make one with filtered water; you’ll taste the difference immediately.
If you’re feeling alarmed about the chlorine in your water supply, have no fear. A SpringWell whole-house filtration system can address the chlorine that is contaminating your water supply. Every tap in your home will provide healthy and great-tasting water. You’ll enjoy better health, your skin and hair will be softer, your laundry will be brighter, your appliances will last longer, and your food and drinks will taste delicious. If you’re interested in learning more, contact us today.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]